A MUST ON A VACATION IN BERNKASTEL-KUES
The historic marketplace in Bernkastel-Kues on the Mosel impressively radiates the brightness and warmth of its 400-year history.
The marketplace fascinates with historic buildings. The mighty Renaissance town hall from 1608 served as a court of law back then and still bears the pillory with the inscriptions: High court punishment and civil chastisement. In the middle of the market square is the St. Michael’s Fountain from 1606.
The narrow cobbled side streets offer space for other beautiful half-timbered houses and invite to a romantic stroll. The “Graacher Tor", the only preserved town gate in the direction of Graach, houses the local history museum of Bernkastel-Kues. Directly behind the gate begin the vineyards of the top location, which frame the beautiful town.